Friday, January 20, 2012

Simple But Special Photo Framing


Okay, this is my first Simple but Special Photo Framing tutorial, so son’t be angry if I don’t give you a clear step

 ._. V I’m trying my best to made this tutorial

  • Open your photo with photoshop. I used photoshop 7.0 (I’m really out of date ^_^)
  • Add a new layer 
  • You can select the inner part but also leaving some space in the outer part(for the frame). In this case I use lasso tool. The selection must not always neat. Just let your mouse framing it freely. After the selection, it will look like this 
  • Click the quick mask button. It will look like this :
  •  Click Filter menu >> Distort >> Ocean Ripple
  •  In this case, I set the ripple size 15 and the ripple magnitude to 14. But you can change it the way you like. Click OK
  • The selection will change like this
  • Click edit in standard mode icon (The icon is next to the quick mask icon)
  • Click Select Menu >> Inverse. Or you can press Shift + Ctrl +I
  • Fill the Selection with any color. You can use the gradient tool or paint bucket tool, or other tool 
  • Finally, Click Select Menu >> Deselect. Or you can press your keyboard CTRL + D
  • Tarraaa! The Framing is done. Now you have this simple but special photo frame!
  •  

    You can experimenting with other kind of filter, like ripple, twirl, zig zag, glass and many more.
  •  

Glass Filter Photo Framing

Ripple Filter Photo Framing

Twirl Filter Photo Framing

Zig Zag Filter Photo Framing

Explanation :
Ripple filter : Amount 858%, Size : Large
Twirl filter : Angle : 757°
Zig zag filter : Amount 99, ridges 19, style around center
Glass filter : Distortion 8, Smoothness 4, Texture : Tiny Lens

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave your comment please :)